Norfolk Island Tour
Norfolk is a small island in the middle of the South Pacific. The nearest land is New Caledonia which is 767 kms to the north, New Zealand 1073km to the south and Australia 1400km to the west.
The island has a unique beauty of its own with its renowned tall majestic pines, sheer cliff faces, coral reefs, beautiful beaches and organic produce. Almost one third of the island is devoted to National Parks and Reserves.
Norfolk Island is of outstanding historic importance as a convict settlement was established there between 1788-1855. The site of the penal colony is listed as World Heritage.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Exploring Norfolk Island and its many hidden treasures
- Daily sketching locations of beauty and interest
- An Art Trail excursion
- All skill levels welcome
- Daily sketching reviews
- Individual tuition with international artist Leonie Norton
- Group demonstrations
- Visit the original penal colony
- Create your own travel sketchbook
The tour pace is very relaxed
Included in the tour cost is:
- Return economy class ‘seat and bag’ airfare ex Sydney to Norfolk Island
- All prepaid airline taxes
- Meet and Greet at Norfolk Island Airport
- Return airport transfers on Norfolk Island
- 7 night’s twin share accommodation and Continental breakfast daily
- 7 days car hire
- 3 Gourmet restaurant meals, including ‘Fletchers Fate’ re-enactment dinner
- Welcome Dinner at renowned Hilli’s Restaurant
- Exclusive Use and Entry to Fletcher’s Mutiny Cyclorama
- Half Day Island Tour
- Art Exhibition at the Bounty Lodge Restaurant
- Farewell Dinner
- ‘A Walk on the Wild’ unique rainforest walk
- Bonus Norfolk Island discount shopping card and free gift
Norfolk Island Travel Centre www.travelcentre.nf
Contact Leonie: email@example.com
It is also significant as the only site in Australia to display evidence of early Polynesian settlement and the place where the Pitcairn Island descendents of the Bounty mutineers were resettled in 1856.
For further information, cost and itinerary contact
See full programme of Sketching Historic Norfolk Island 2015.